Exam board: AQA
Course code/specification number: 4192
Level of qualification: GCSE
What will students learn about?
Sociology helps students develop a wide range of knowledge and under-standing about society, and how sociologists study and understand its structures, processes and issues. Sociology is exciting, interesting and relevant to students' lives.
Unit 1 – external examination worth 50% of overall grade
- Studying Society
Unit 2 – external examination worth 50% of overall grade
- Crime and deviance
- Mass media
- Social inequality
What skills will students develop and demonstrate?
- Recognise that their sociological knowledge, understanding and skills help them to develop an understanding of the interrelationships between individuals, groups, institutions and societies
- Analyse critically the nature and sources of information and to base reasoned judgements and arguments on evidence
- Organise and communicate their knowledge and understanding in different and creative ways, and reach substantiated judgements
How will students’ learning be assessed?
Students will sit 2 externally assessed examinations.
- Unit 1: 50% of the overall grade
- Unit 2: 50% of the overall grade
What can students progress on to after completing this course?
AS/A2 Sociology, Social care, health care, law, teaching.
For further information, please contact:
Miss Jones: firstname.lastname@example.org